...inspired by the many cultures and cuisines around the world

Thursday 4 August 2016

ROAST RED PEPPER PESTO

I have been going a bit mad lately using our fabulous Red Roasted Peppers ...do try this pesto - so nutty and sweet - I used it on pasta for dinner the other night, even on my toast for breakfast! Great to pack into a little container and take to work for a quick snack with crackers, carrots, cucumber too...

I used normal parsley (not Italian) as the normal one is a little more bitter which evens out the delicious sweetness of the peppers.

Red Roast Pepper Pesto




Throw everything in a small food processor and whizz until it reaches the consistency you like. I like to have it with the cashews still a bit crunchy...


Season and serve.

Kali Orexi! (Bon appetit!)

Red Roasted Peppers 

3 comments:

  1. I will try that . Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other night I stuffed a chicken breast with the pesto, added some mozzarella cheese, wrapped it up in bacon, secured it with toothpicks...fried it quickly on both sides, then baked it in the oven until cooked through - it was amazing and the Greek guy loved it!!! One of our favourites at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Panayamou! I'd love to try that! (Lidiya)

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog !

Printfriendly