- 100g dried whole red chillies
- 1 x tblspn dried mint
- 1 x tblspn ground coriander
- 1 x tblspn ground cumin
- 1 x tblspn ground caraway seeds
- 5 x garlic cloves chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup ILIADA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Remove the stems from the chillies, roughly chop the chillies and place in a bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for about an hour.
Drain, then place chillies in a small food processor along with the spices, garlic and salt. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and process everything for 15 seconds, scrape down the bowl and process again. Add the rest of the olive oil and process until the paste reaches a chunky consistency.
Put paste in a sterilised jar, cover with a thin layer of olive oil and store in the fridge for up to 6 months.