...inspired by the many cultures and cuisines around the world

Wednesday 15 April 2020

SPANISH PORK SKEWERS (Pinchos Marunos)


The Greek and I went to Spain a couple of years ago and fell in love with the spicy pimenton flavours. I bought a few tins of La Chinata pimenton back and once I ran out I asked my daughter who was holidaying in Spain to bring back more!!! I have since sourced the same brand here in Auckland...


1 tsp 
dulce pimenton (sweet paprika)
1 tsp picante pimenton (smoked paprika)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp coriander
 2 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 tsp salt

A few grinds of black peppercorns
5 tblspns extra virgin olive oil
1 tspn red wine vinegar

750g cubed pork pieces (I like to use pork fillet)

Mix herbs, seasonings and garlic in a small bowl, stir in the olive oil and vinegar to make a paste.

Rub paste all over the pork cubes, cover and leave to marinate at least an hour - more if you can.
Thread 4 - 6 pieces of pork onto a skewer, so that the pieces just touch.
Pre-heat a pan to medium high and lightly oil it. Lay the skewers down and fry, turning from time to time, until the pork is cooked, about 10 minutes in total. 

Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog !

Printfriendly